HRwisdom asked one of its contributors, Jacqui Alder, what was her advice for businesses on how to manage redundancies without destroying all employ goodwill?
Jacqui Alder is a consultant with extensive and diverse experience across Human Resources, change management, organisational development and industrial relations.
Jacqui’s experience has been gained across a variety of industry sectors.
The sectors include:
Jacqui has had significant achievements across a range of areas, with projects including:
- Organisational change
- Culture change
- Organisational redesign
- Systems implementation
- Workforce reform
- Cost improvement
We asked Jacqui to share her expertise in different aspects of the difficult process of managing redundancies in the workplace.
How To Manage Redundancies
In the redundancies interview, we will take a look at:
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of offering voluntary redundancies versus conducting forced redundancies/involuntary redundancies?
- What are the steps involved in the redundancy process?
- How to select people for involuntary redundancy?
- How to communicate throughout the redundancy process?
- Should you march someone out immediately when making them redundant?
- How can you implement redundancies without destroying all employee goodwill?
- A case study.
Log In Here To Listen To The Interview [For Free]
To listen to HRwisdom’s excellent free audio interview series on how to manage redundancies, just log in in using the following free form.